With the current pandemic, most of us have had to reshuffle and delay our travel plans until a later date. While we won’t be scooting away to far off destinations just yet, there are different ways to inspire a sense of travel.
Below are some delicious healthy snacks that’ll transport your taste buds to various locations. Whether you want to go to India, Thailand, Japan or even Italy, we’ve got you covered.
Transport yourself to Italy
Are you missing the fresh flavours of Italy? Make yourself some bruschetta at home; this healthy snack’s not only easy to make, but it’s also bursting with flavour. All you’ll need is some chopped cherry tomatoes, a sliced baguette, chopped basil, some garlic and olive oil and you’re good to go.
1. Combine tomatoes with chopped basil, garlic, olive oil and salt
2. Grill and toast baguette
3. Spoon your tomatoes on your baguette and serve
You can also make yourself a smaller breakfast pizza with a wholewheat tortilla wrap. Place some tomato sauce on the wrap, sprinkle a little bit of cheese, and add some additional ingredients such as fresh tomatoes and sliced ham. Place it in the oven to bake for a couple of minutes and get ready to dig in.
Make a breakfast pizza:
1. Place some tomato sauce on a wholewheat wrap and sprinkle cheese
2. Add any additional ingredients you’d like from tomatoes to slice ham
3. Place it in the oven for a couple of minutes and dig in
Transport yourself to Japan
Jumpstart your morning with a nutrient-packed green tea smoothie made with three simple ingredients – banana, almond milk and matcha powder. If you’d like, you can also add some additional fruits such as fresh berries.
Make a green tea smoothie:
1. Blend banana, almond milk and matcha powder
2. Feel free to add additional fruits or sweeteners such as honey
Another great snack you can make at home is some miso butter popcorn. Grab some popcorn kernels, add some unsalted butter and miso paste and you’ve got yourself a treat. For an extra touch, you can also sprinkle on some furikake or shichimi togarashi seasoning.
Make miso butter popcorn:
1. Pop your popcorn kernels
2. Melt butter in the microwave and whisk in your miso paste
3. Add the miso butter to the popcorn and sprinkle it with furikake or shichimi togarashi
Transport yourself to Thailand
Thai food is known for its tangy flavours that are a mix of spicy, savoury, and sweet. If you’re craving for something with bold flavours, toss some kale with Thai seasoning, lime juice, coconut oil, salt, and some chilli, bake it in the oven, and you’ve got yourself a delicious snack.
Make Thai kale chips
1. Remove the stem
2. Mix almond butter with lime juice, honey, soy sauce, ginger, salt and chilli
3. Toss the kale leaves in the marinade
4. Bake at 175 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes
If you prefer something sweet try our dried mango slices. You’ll be instantly transported to this tropical paradise – thanks to the naturally sweet mango-ey goodness that’s bursting with flavour. Want something with a kick of spice instead? The dried mango slices that are packed with a chilli kick for a spicy savoury snack unlike any other.
Which of the above snacks do you want to try first?